Subject: Re: Random No.s in AmigaDOS ??
From: [email-masked] (Chris Green)
Date: 13 Oct 92 12:43:05 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Chris Miles!!) writes:
>
>Can anyone tell me how you make random numbers in AmigaDOS ??
>I want to write a small script file that does different things randomly,
>so how do I get this random number??!
>
	set myvar `rx "say bitand(c2d(import('00df f006'x,4)),255)`

	This reads the beam position from the custom chips. Not normally
a good random number source, but perfectly adequate for a shell script.
-- 
*-------------------------------------------*---------------------------*
|Chris Green - Graphics Software Engineer   - [email-masked]      f
|                  Commodore-Amiga          - uunet!cbmvax!chrisg       n
|My opinions are my own, and do not         - icantforgettheimpression  o
|necessarily represent those of my employer.- youmadeyouleftaholeinthe  r
|"A screaming comes across the sky..."      - backofmyhead              d
*-------------------------------------------*---------------------------*